According to the National Institutes of Health, over 20% of adults in the US suffer from chronic pain. That’s a lot of people dealing with long-term, persistent pain on a daily basis. If you’re one of them, you know how debilitating chronic pain can be. It can make it hard to concentrate, get a good night’s sleep, and even function day-to-day. The good news is that there are things you can do to lessen your chronic pain right now. Here are a few of them:
1. Get moving. Exercise releases endorphins – chemicals that act as natural painkillers – and also helps improve your overall health, which can lead to less pain.
2. Apply heat. Whether it’s from a heating pad, warm bath, or hot water bottle, applying heat can help relieve muscle tension and relax tight muscles.
3. Try cold. If heat isn’t doing the trick or if your pain is due to inflammation, give cold therapy a try. Ice packs or bags of frozen peas wrapped in a towel can help reduce swelling. Just be sure not to put ice directly on your skin.
4. Massage it out. A massage can do wonders for chronic pain by improving circulation and relaxation while also breaking up knots in your muscles. You can either visit a professional masseuse or massage the affected area yourself with lotion or oil. Just be gentle so you don’t cause yourself more pain.
5. Stretch it out. Stretching increases flexibility and range of motion while also helping to relieve muscle tension. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds and do them slowly and gently to avoid injury. As always, listen to your body and stop if something hurts too much.
6. Take a breather. Stress can make chronic pain worse, so take some time each day to relax and de-stress. Taking some deep breaths, reading a good book, or listening to calming music are all great ways to let go of tension and ease your mind.
7. Change your diet. Eating healthy foods helps reduce inflammation while also giving you more energy to exercise and stay active – both of which can help lessen chronic pain.
8. Use CBD Capsules. CBD Capsules are a great way to reduce chronic pain as they help to reduce inflammation and ease muscle tension. If you’re looking for a natural way to lessen your chronic pain, CBD Capsules are a great option.
Here you can find CBD capsules for sale.
9. Get enough sleep. A good night’s sleep allows your body to repair itself from the day’s activities. It’s important to maintain a regular sleep schedule as much as possible so your body knows when it’s time to rest and when it’s time to wake up and face the day. Chronic pain can make it tough to get enough shut-eye but there are things you can do to make it easier such as setting a regular bedtime routine and keeping electronics out of the bedroom.
If you suffer from chronic pain, know that you’re not alone – and that there are things you can do about it right now. Start with these 9 tips and see how they work for you. You may not be able to completely get rid of your chronic pain but by implementing some of these suggestions into your life, you may find that living with chronic pain is easier than it was before.